- Read the text at least twice.
- Make sure you are familiar with exam rubric which may be used eg. True - Fíor False - Bréagach, Information not available in article - Níl an t-eolas ar fáil.
- Look over new words in vocabulary section.
- Look out for words with positive / negative meanings eg. úsáideach - useful contúirteach - dangerous.
- If the information in an article seems to be in one long piece, try to break it down into sections.
- Concentrate on getting the basic sense of each paragraph by using the words you know.
- Don't worry if you don't understand every word. Higher level texts often deliberately use some unfamiliar vocabulary. You can probably still work out the meaning by guessing in context.
Now try a Test Bite
Back to Reading Higher index