You need to know how to create your own webpages and how to add images, tables, text, hyperlinks, background sounds, videos and metadata.
Before you start building a website, identify the target audience, purpose, structure and content. Consider all the points in this checklist:
- Target audience - tailor the website to the different types of people who will use it.
- Purpose of the website - are you trying to sell something, or to educate and inform? What are the key things people need to locate? They should be placed in a prominent position.
- Structure - it's vital to consider the website as a whole when you are planning your design.
- Content - try not to present too much information on each page. People don't like scrolling down to locate the information they are looking for.
- Accessibility - your website should be accessible [accessible: Easy to access/use. ] to people with disabilities. Consider colour, text size, images and animated content.