- Use the best quality camera you can and shoot in the highest resolution available.
- Take extra batteries if you will be shooting for a long time.
- Have your camera ready to go at all times with the settings you require.
- Use the 'rule of thirds' to get an eye-pleasing shot. Line up your subject(s) along imaginary lines dividing the image into thirds.
- Think about the background - don't distract the viewer too much from the main subject.
- Try a range of angles to make your shot more interesting.
- Use your viewfinder to check your shots as you go, and make adjustments if needed.
More School Report pocket guides here!