If you love radio, go digital
*The BBC Local radio stations are not yet all available on digital radio.
See BBC local radio DAB transmitters for more information.
What is digital radio?
If you love radio...you'll love the benefits of digital listening:
- More of what you love: more radio stations catering for
fans of all types of music, sport and chat.
- Better reception: no hiss, crackle, fading or
station overlap that you get with AM or even FM radio.
- Easy and quick tuning: no need to remember frequencies,
fiddle with a dial to get a good signal, or retune your car radio when on the move.
- Display screen on the radio: gives you information about
what you're listening to (such as song details, news headlines, email addresses).
How do I get digital radio?
You can listen to digital radio in a number of ways:
- Digital radio set: as with traditional sets, there are many kinds to choose from – portable, hand-held, hi-fi tuners, car radios, etc. Please check that you can receive digital radio in your area by entering your postcode in the box below. The BBC national radio stations are available to 93% of the UK population.
- Digital TV: all digital TV platforms (digital terrestrial, satellite, cable, broadband)
- Online: with speakers or headphones plugged into your computer.
- Mobile: listen on FM or if you have a connected phone you can listen to BBC digital radio stations via the IP connection. You can also listen to the BBC stations on an IOS phone with the new BBC iPlayer Radio app.
- On the Move: There are also a range of digital radios for your car. Some manufacturers offer a digital radio as standard and others may offer it is an option. You can also purchase a small adaptor which can be fitted to your dashboard and connects to your existing radio. Some radios will require professional installation. Always check with your car dealer/retailer,or visit www.getdigitalradio.com for more information.
To find out more about
Spread the love for digital radio
Digital radio postcode checker