Terms & Conditions
Contributors must be:
- Resident in Scotland or Scots living abroad
- Be true and must be about a single day in your life (or that of someone you know)
- Be a maximum of 1000 words
- Be typed
- Be preferably submitted by email although stories can be accepted by post
- Have a title, and clearly state the year the story took place
- Be submitted by 1st November 2008
- Contributors can only submit one story
- Contributors must supply their full contact details (N.B. if you wish, your story can be published and/or broadcast anonymously)
- Stories may be edited for publication and/or broadcast
- Receipt of stories will not be acknowledged
- Discussion or correspondence will not be entered into
- There will be no prize or payment for stories which are broadcast or/and published
By sending your story to us you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You grant to the BBC the right to use your material in any of the BBC's public services. The BBC shall for itself, its licensees and assigns be entitled to edit or abridge the contribution(s) and to make translations in any language and recording(s) by any means and to all broadcasting rights (including broadcasting or other forms of transmission by wire and/or cablevision and/or satellites by analogue or digital means including the internet) in all countries in the contribution and translation(s) and recording(s) including the right to publish your material in printed form on a BBC online site at bbc.co.uk.
- The Contributor recognizing the needs of radio production waives all the Contributor's moral rights under sections 77 and 80 of the Act. However, the BBC undertakes to credit the Contributor in accordance with its editorial guidelines where appropriate and practicable. A breach of this provision shall not entitle the Contributor or the author of the Work to seek injunctive relief and the sole remedy shall be in damages or by the BBC's own complaints process (set out on the BBC's website at bbc.co.uk/complaints). The BBC shall use reasonable endeavours on a prospective basis to rectify any breach.
- Your submitted material shall not contain anything which is an infringement of copyright or which is calculated to bring the BBC into disrepute or which is defamatory or an invasion of privacy provided however that you shall not be liable in respect of any defamatory material which was included without negligence or malice on your part.
- The Courts of Scotland shall have sole jurisdiction in relation to this Agreement which shall be interpreted according to Scots Law.