1. Join Flickr
(If you already have a Flickr/Yahoo! account go straight to Step 3).
- Go to the Flickr registration page.
- Select 'Sign Up' in the 'Don't have a Yahoo! ID?' box.
- Fill in the form.
- After registering you will see a confirmation page.
- If you do not want to receive any junk mail select 'Edit Marketing Preferences' at the bottom of the confirmation page. Then select 'Clear All' to untick all the boxes.
You can use your normal email address or your new Yahoo! ID on Flickr - just go to the bottom of the confirmation page and click on the button next to the email address that you’d like to use.
2. Upload your photos
- Select 'Home' from the top of the page
- Select 'Upload' and then 'Browse'
- Find the photos that you want to add to the group
- You will need to upload a total of five photos before others can see your photos
- Make sure you give your photos the right tags. If it's an osprey,
tag the photo "osprey". If you want someone to identify your moth, tag
- Mark the photos 'public' so that other people can see them
3. Join the BBC World on the Move group
- Select 'Group' from the top of the Flickr page
- Enter BBC World on the Move group in the 'Find a Group' box
- Select 'BBC World on the Move' group from the menu
- Select 'Join this group' (middle right of the page)
- Confirm you want to join the group
4. Add your photos to the BBC World on the Move group
- Select 'You' from the top of the Flickr page
- Select the photo that you want to send to the group
- Check that your tags include the name of the animal, its location, and anything else that you think helps describe your photo
- Check that the photo is marked 'public'
- Select 'send to group' from the top menu
- Select the BBC World on the Move group
- Add the photo to the group