British actors have a grand tradition of playing villains. To celebrate Shakespeare's birthday, the Royal Shakespeare Company is discussing what Bond villains and Shakespeare's characters have in common.
Test your knowledge of Bond and the Bard with our quiz below:
1. In Laurence Olivier’s 1948 film of Hamlet, which Bond baddie played an uncredited spear carrier?
2. Who played a villain in Octopussy – and most of Shakespeare’s villains too?
3. Which Bond villain’s father has played Mark Anthony and mother Desdemona?
4. Which famous actress has played both Shakespeare’s and James Bond’s boss?
5. Can you name the Bond villain who has played Macbeth opposite Miss Moneypenny, who played Lady Macbeth?
6. Which son of Bond played Macbeth in a 1997 film?
7. Can you name three Bond villains who have also won a Laurence Olivier award?
8. Sophie Marceau starred in a Bond film and a Shakespeare film (as the villainous Elektra and the queenly Hippolyta) which were both released in 1999. What were the films?
9. Legendary baddie Christopher Walken has played an enormous number of Shakespearean parts. But which Bond film did he star in as Max Zorin?
10. Which Shakespearean actor has played a Bond villain and James Bond himself?