Skip to main content
Text only version of this page
Access keys help
Explore the BBC
This page has been archived and is no longer updated.
Find out more about page archiving.
on Radio 4
Cast & Links
The Picture Competition
Guide Entry Competition
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Future
on BBC Cult
Guide to Guide
Series 1 & 2 Episode Guide
Memories of the Recordings
- founded by Douglas
Like this page?
Send it to a friend!
Adventure Game Hints
Part One: On the Earth
Country Lane - illustration by Rod Lord
What should I do when my house is destroyed?
1. There's not much you can do about it.
1. How do I turn on the light after I wake up?
2. I can't reach anything from the bed! What do I do?
3. Why am I having trouble picking things up?
4. How can I get out of the bedroom?
5. What will I need to bring with me when I leave the bedroom?
6. Is the pile of mail important?
7. What's that bulldozer doing in front of my house?
8. Is it important to stop my house from being destroyed?
9. How can I prevent my house from getting demolished?
10. What should I do when Ford Prefect shows up?
11. Should I go with Ford to the Pub?
12. Should I go with Ford to the Cinema?
13. What should I do in the Pub?
14. How much beer should I drink?
15. Is the jukebox important?
16. How can I buy beer?
17. How can I buy a packet of peanuts?
18. How can I buy a cheese sandwich?
19. How can I buy some whiskey?
20. What should I do about the dog?
21. What should I do when my house is destroyed?
22. What should I do when the Vogon fleet arrives?
23. The Earth keeps getting destroyed by the Vogon fleet, and me along with it!
24. I died from shock during matter transference. What did I do wrong?
In the Dark
Play Edition One
Play Edition Two
Introduction - How to Play the Game
Game Hints Index
Why Two Editions?
The History of the Game
Building the New Edition
Interview with Steve Meretzky
Back to top
GUIDES TO THE GUIDE
Radio 1 Documentary:
BBC News Guide
Hitchhhiker's Guide Movie website
Buy recordings of the series from the
The new series are
Above the Title
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external websites
About the BBC
Privacy & Cookies Policy