Between Sunday October 25 2009 and Tuesday November 3 2009 the BBC Switch will be running an online vote. We want you to select which of the following Neglected Classic books you would like to see dramatised as a Classic Serial.
- William Gerhardie: The Polyglots
- FM Mayor: The Rector's Daughter
- Mikhail Lermontov: A Hero of Our Time
- Charles Williams: Many Dimensions
- George Moore: Esther Waters
- AJA Symons: The Quest For Corvo
- Samuel Johnson: Rasselas
- Patricia Highsmith: Carol
- Paul Gallico: The Snow Goose
- Anthony Trollope: Miss Mackenzie
- 1. You can vote only by accessing the following Voting Page. Any votes received after the closing time will not count.
2. This is not a competition and there will be no prize for anyone who voted for the chosen winner.
3. The BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this event at any time.
4. You can only vote once. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify votes or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
5. BBC Radio 4 Controller will decide the winner where there is a tie for first place.
6. The BBC cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any on-line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
7. Please note that BBC employees, their close relatives or anyone directly connected with the vote are not eligible to vote.
8. In the unlikely event that the winning book is unable to be dramatised for any reason the BBC reserves the right to replace it with a runner up.
9. The voting in this programme accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, which can be found on: BBC code of conduct for voting.