We always like to end Drivetime and seamlessly welcome in the show that follows at 1900 by playing something to get you in the mood.
You can help influence which classic tune we end with every Monday to Thursday. The choices for each day will be available during the show on that day's show page. Click here for today's show page and a list of upcoming shows.
Showstopper Terms & Conditions
1. To end Drivetime and seamlessly welcome in the show that follows at 1900, listeners are invited to vote for the classic tune to be played at the end of Drivetime every Monday to Thursday (subject to change in the programme of schedule for editorial reasons).
2. The vote will open at 1700 and close at 1845, although the opening and closing times for the vote may vary so listen carefully to announcements made on air. The choice of tunes for that programme can be found on that day's show page - Click here for todays show page and a list of upcoming shows.
3. Listeners can vote for their chosen track: By texting 88291 with the keyword, which will be different each day and will be announced on the show during the feature, followed by the letter corresponding to the song they wish to hear - A, B, C, D or E.
Listeners cannot vote by any other method. Only one vote per listener will be permitted. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate.
4. Any votes received outside the announced voting times will not count but any costs applied for voting using the method above will still be charged.
5. There will be no prize for anyone taking part in the vote.
6. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
7. If, for any reason, one of the voting methods fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned. In the unlikely event of a tie a contingency plan will be actioned.
8. The BBC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions. The BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this vote at any time.
9. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider, postal operator, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
10. Please note that any BBC staff member or anyone who is directly connected in any way with the production of the programme is not eligible to vote.
11. The voting accords with the BBC's code of conduct for voting: BBC Code of Conduct Voting.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.