On Tuesday 2 November Bon Jovi will be performing some of their greatest hits live on Simon Mayo's Drivetime show. This exclusive gig will take place at our Maida Vale studios in front of just 100 people and it's all in aid of BBC Children in Need.
Please note: the Bon Jovi Competition in aid of BBC Children in Need has now closed. If you were one of the winners you will be contacted between 1000 on Friday 29 October 2010 and 1700 on Saturday 30 October 2010 on the telephone number provided when entering the competition.
The BBC Children in Need Bon Jovi Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The competition will open as announced during the Radio 2 Drivetime programme presented by Simon Mayo starting at 1715 on 25 October 2010 and will remain open until 1900 on 28 October 2010.
2. A question relating to Bon Jovi will be read out on air along with three possible answers that the contestants can choose from.
3. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, aged 18 or over, except BBC or BBC Children In Need employees, anyone connected with the competition and their close relatives. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
4. Entry to the competition is only by dialing the number 0904 16 17 888 as announced on air. Calls will cost £1.50 per minute from a BT landline, other networks may vary. Calls from mobiles will cost considerably more. For each call, £1.10 will go to Children in Need. Calls will last no longer than 1 minute and you must obtain the bill payers permission.
5. To answer the question, you will need to speak clearly after the tone giving your chosen answer (a, b, or c) as instructed during the call.
6. You will also be required to leave your name and a daytime telephone number as instructed during the call.
7. If your call is received outside the specified times and dates, you will not be charged £1.50 or be donating to Children in Need and your entry to the competition will not be valid.
8. The winners will be the first 50 correct entries, randomly selected; who are available by phone after the competition has closed. If a winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, BBC Children in Need reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up. The 50 winners will be contacted between 1000 on Friday 29th October 2010 and 1700 on Saturday 30th October 2010 on the telephone number provided when entering the competition. Please ensure you speak clearly when providing your telephone number.
9. The prize for each winner will consist of one pair of tickets to see Bon Jovi perform a selection of their Greatest Hits live into Radio 2's Drivetime Show on Tuesday 2nd November at the BBC's Maida Vale studios. Instructions on how to collect the tickets will be given when production contacts the winners.
10. Please note that you can call as many times as you wish. Your donations will go through and all your correct entries will go into the automatic random selection but there will be a maximum of one prize per caller.
11. The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
12. Travel to the event, any accommodation and any other cost will be solely at the entrant's expense and the BBC will not reimburse the winners for any such costs.
13. BBC Children in Need's decision as to the winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
14. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required.
15. BBC Children in Need reserves the right to disqualify any entries that breach these rules or are in any way fraudulent. BBC Children in Need also reserves the right to cancel a competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
16. The BBC, BBC Children In Need, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
18. The telephone lines are being provided and managed by GFM Holdings Limited. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact GFM at the following address 42 Phoenix Court, Colchester, Essex, CO2 8JY or on the following Helpline Number - 0844 543 9713. Calls cost 5 pence per minute from a BT landline, other networks may vary and mobiles will cost considerably more.
19. BBC Children In Need is a registered charity, number 802052 (England & Wales) and SC039557 (Scotland).
20. The promoter of the competition is the British Broadcasting Corporation. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.
21. This competition is subject to the BBC's code of conduct for competitions which can be found on here