If you're likely to be found curled up in front of the box on Saturday night – and every other night! – why not test your TV knowledge in Alan’s Telly Quiz?
In Alan's Telly Quiz you'll pit your wits against another contestant to win a Going Out With Alan rosette - but be warned, not every question has a right answer!
For a chance of taking part please read the full terms and conditions below
From 25th April 2009, listeners will be invited to register their interest in taking part in the Going Out with Alan Carr Quiz by calling the Radio 2 free phone number 0500 288291 as announced on air at the beginning of the show. They will be asked to provide their name, telephone contact number and location. Callers will also be asked a few questions about general TV knowledge as well as their plans for the evening. The Production Team will then select two 2 callers who will go head-to-head on-air and take part of the quiz. The winner is the caller with the most correct answer.
1. Radio 2 Quiz - Going Out with Alan Carr, is open to all residents of the UK including the Channel Islands, except BBC (or its affiliates) employees, their close relatives and anyone connected with the programme. Anyone under 16 must have parental consent. A conversation must take place between the parent and a member of the production team to ensure permission is granted.
2. Registration times will be announced on-air.
3. If an interviewed contestant is selected to take part in the quiz but is not contactable or available after reasonable attempts by Radio 2, another contestant will be selected.
4. The prize for the winner is a special Going Out With Alan Car rosette. The first runner up will receive a signed photograph of Alan Carr. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred.
5. Given the nature of the game, which is solely for entertainment purposes and the style of the presenter, contestants should be aware that Radio 2 will make the final decision where a question could be deemed to have more than one answer. Any tasks involved in the competition (such as an impersonation) will be assessed at the presenters' absolute discretion.
6. The BBC's decision as to contestants taking part and the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
7. The BBC reserves the right to cancel or vary this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise beyond its control.
8. Contestants chosen to play on-air may only be allowed to re-enter the Going Out with Alan Carr Quiz after 8 shows.
10. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
11. The competition is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.
12. To the extent applicable to quizzes, this event is conducted in line with the BBC's code of conduct for competitions
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.