On April 1, 2008, Zane played out this epic album in full, just as the band intended it to be heard. The show also contained interviews and other music to put the album's greatness into context.
See the tracklistings
Browse the complete album artwork by clicking on one of the images below:
We asked you to send us your 'Masterpieces Masterpiece' - a picture explaining why the Masterpieces albums meant so much to you and why you think everyone should hear it. Click on the pics below to see the gallery of the pictures created.
Also, during the show, we asked you to text us your stories and opinions about the album - here is a selection of the texts we received:
On board and knitting socks for rappers. Soo in Greenwich.
· My brother Jet introduced me 2 hip hop with this album when i was 8 or 9 and i have been hooked ever since. Pls shout out his name, Jet. Thanks! Ams
· my 13 year old son and i will be locked on. Old skool street hip hop! Volume is on max baby! Gary & reece. Bridgwater.
· nation of millions blew me away in 88 and been playing it ever since...pure class!simon in norfolk.
· Public enemy. I went to see them live at st georges hall in bradford i think it was 1989 i was 19 & they blew me away. I have not listen to the album for years. I can't wait.
· Loving the public enemy!!!!!! It brings back the days of fila trainers, high tops and naf naf jacket!!
· Im a paramedic sat on standby in my response car with the radio on full, loving this bringing back great memories, PE are legends! Buz in hereford.
· i have goose bumps this is such a fantastic album. I bought it when i was fifteen!Tracey hampshire x
· This was one of the most important albums of my youth. Just pure lyrical genius hard hitting without profanity. The tone just summed up my teenage years. I'll be rocking in my tent tonight carp fishing. Nice one zane. James in cambridge
· This album changed music black or white all over the world wicked man chap in lincoln
· My local record store opened at midnight to sell the album - I was first in the Q. Phil in worcestershire.
· Have never heard this album before, i'm findin it hard not to believe the hype!
· Wow man hairs on the back of my neck stood up hearing that. Off the hook. Larry in irvine.
· Getting odd looks as the volumes turned up with the rap sounds pumpin! tim, ambo response paramedic. West country.
· pe changed the way i look at life. the true black cnn. when chuck roars u have 2 listen. don standby stafford
· Public enemy an essential album for all music and big clock enthusiasts in 88!
· SChuck D is jack kerouac's spiritual offspring tony m62
· Woo hoo - here we go, my speakers are gonna find this painful! Zoe xxx
· Chuck d is an intelligent and wise rapper, has there been one since? In not sure
· The blueprint of ALL hip hop albums. The Beats. The Samples. The Raps. The Nuts. Neil
· public enemy the best punk band since the pistols lovin it shaggy in brum
· Picture the scene. Two slightly overweight mid thirties parents with their 10 and 9 year old's going nuts on the dance floor (kitchen). Bring the noise Ben and Caz
· This album had a message, delivered like an axe through your head. Awesome. Paul in margate.
· This album is still way beyond its time, 20 years old and fresh!
· Unbelieveable! Did anyone else shed a tear? James d. Scotland.