Soul superstar Alicia Keys will be performing an exclusive session for 1Xtra and Radio 1 at Maida Vale and you can be part of the audience by entering our competition!
Listen to 1Xtra between 16th to 20th January for chances to win. You can hear the session as part of an Alicia Keys special on Trevor Nelson's show at 7pm on 23rd January.
Terms and Conditions for 1Xtra and Radio 1 Alicia Keys Competition
1. Entry is open to all UK residents (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) aged 18 or over, except BBC employees, any person connected to the competition and their close relatives. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
2. The competition will run during the 1Xtra and Radio 1 shows on the dates listed below:
Sunday 17 January- Sarah Jane Crawford, Twin B, Ronnie Herel, Ace and Vis
Monday 18 January- 1Xtra Breakfast, Rampage, Max, Westwood, Mistajam, Ronnie Herel
Tuesday 19 January- 1Xtra Breakfast, Rampage, Max, Westwood, Mistajam
Wednesday 20 January- 1Xtra Breakfast
3. During each of the shows listed above a clip of Alicia Keys singing will be played in the mist of the regular output. This will be listeners cue to enter the competition.
4. When they hear the cue to enter, listeners can enter the competition by sending a text message to the shortcode advertised on-air during which must begin with the word 'Keys'. Texts will cost 10-12p.
5. After each cue to enter, the competition line will remain open for approximately 15 minutes. Entries received after the competition lines have closed will not be accepted but will still be charged. Please listen to announcements made during the show regarding line closing times.
6. No other method of entry will be accepted. Only one entry is allowed per mobile number. Entrants must ensure they obtain the bill-payer's consent before entering.
7. During each show, after competition lines have closed, a shortlist of 20 entrants will be randomly selected. A member of the production team will then telephone each shortlisted entrant to ask them a question about Alicia Keys and questions about their hobbies and interests to assess their suitability to take part in the on-air competition. From the entrants who answered the question about Alicia Keys correctly, the production team will select the 2 entrants who appeared most lively and enthusiastic to take part in the on-air competition. If, after reasonable attempts have been made, the production team cannot contact a shortlisted entrant they will revert to another randomly select entrant.
8. During the on-air competition the first contestant will be played a clip of music, followed by another clip of music. The contestant will be asked if the second piece of music is faster or slower than the first. If the contestant provides the correct answer, they will win the prize and the second contestant will not have any opportunity to win the prize. If the contestant answers incorrectly, the second contestant will be asked the question. If the second contestant provides the correct answer, they will win the prize.
9. If both contestants fail to win the prize, the production team may implement any contingencies at its discretion. These may include: reverting to the next most enthusiastic entrants to take part in the on air competition, re-open the competition line or deferring the prize.
10. Entrants who have won are excluded from re-entering the competition.
11. The BBC's decision as to the winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
12. The prize for each winner will consist of either 2 or 4 tickets to see Alicia Keys perform at the BBC's Maida Vale studios in London on 20 January 2010. The number of tickets which will be won will be clearly advertised on air during each show. The prize does not include any travel or accommodation costs.
13. Arrangements for ticket collection will be made with the production team. Proof of identity will be required.
14. The prize is as described above. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
15. The BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the ticket holders to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to the behaviour of the ticket holder or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the event, including minimum age of the ticket holders. Ticket holders are responsible for checking admission requirements to the venue.
16. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required.
17. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) vary the telephone line opening and closing times of the competition; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; (iii) withdraw or substitute any prize, at any stage, should any winner or their guest exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behaviour (including, but not limited to being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or chemical substances or causing a nuisance) and; (iv) cancel the competition or amend these terms and conditions, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
18. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in entries not getting through, details not properly registered or tickets not arriving when dispatched.
20. This competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found at: BBC Competitions Policy
21. The promoter of the competition is the British Broadcasting Corporation and the applicable law is the laws of England and Wales.
22. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.