Nick Grimshaw Show
Quiz Terms & Conditions
1. The quiz on the "Nick Grimshaw Show" is open to all residents (over 16 years of age) of the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, except BBC employees, their close relatives and anyone connected with the show.
2. Listeners will be invited to register their interest in taking part in The Nick Grimshaw Show Quiz only by filling in the form found on the Radio 1 website http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/nickgrimshaw/popquiz.shtml
3. Registration times will be announced on air. After the registration period is closed, a shortlist of ten registered entrants will be randomly selected and will be contacted on the telephone number provided with the application. Those selected entrants will be asked a few questions by members of the Production Team to assess their suitability for taking part in the quiz, they may include questions about their interests and hobbies.
4. The Production Team will select up to two entrants based on the level of enthusiasm they show for the game and how lively they are likely to sound on air. If none or less than two entrants are found to be suitable, based on the telephone interview above, a further shortlist will be randomly selected.
5. Entrants must ensure that they are available on the telephone number provided to take the call from the Production Team, should they be shortlisted or selected to take part in the quiz (the first call to shortlisted entrants will typically be made from the Friday following registration). If a selected caller is not available after reasonable attempts by the Production team, another registered caller will be selected.
6. There is no prize for winning the quiz.
7. Given the nature of the game, which is solely for entertainment purposes and the style of the presenter, contestants should be aware that Radio 1 will make the final decision where a question could be deemed to have more than one answer.
8. The BBC's decision as to contestants taking part and the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the quiz will be entered into.
9. The BBC reserves the right to cancel or vary this quiz at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise beyond its control. The BBC also reserves the right to disqualify any entries that breach the rules of the quiz or are in any way fraudulent.
10. Contestants chosen to play on-air may only be allowed to re-enter the quiz after 8 shows.
12. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
13. The quiz is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.
14. To the extent applicable to quizzes, this event is conducted in line with the BBC's code of conduct for competitions