Do you know how old you have to be to drive a moped? How about drink wine in a restaurant? Check out the definitive list of legal ages here...
It's all about age
Everyone knows that in the UK you can't drink alcohol until you're 18
or drive before you're 17. But what else? Here's a breakdown.
(Disclaimer: just because you can do something, doesn't mean you have to.
So, like, hold back on the liqueur chocolates :p)
At age 12 you can...
- Buy a pet
- See a 12 certificate film
13 you can...
14 you can...
- Be held fully responsible for a crime
- Go into a pub (but you can't drink or buy alcohol)
- Be blamed if you're not wearing a seat belt
15 you can...
- See a 15 certificate film or a PG unaccompanied
- Get a shotgun certificate
16 you can...
- Sell scrap metal
- Get a job
- Buy liqueur chocolates
- Buy a lottery ticket
- Buy aerosol paint
- Join a Trade Union
- Leave school
- Claim benefits
- Work full time
- Leave home with your parents' consent
- Get married with one parent's consent
- Drink wine or beer with a meal in a restaurant
- Drive a moped
- Have sex
17 you can...
- Drive a car
- Be sent to an adult prison
- Be a street trader
- Buy an air rifle
- Leave home without your parents' consent
At any age (although you may need parental consent) you can?...
- Go into a bar if you're with someone who's over 18
- Have a piercing
- Change your name
- Take flying lessons
- Play fruit machines in pubs