About BBC Radio
Each week, nearly 35 million people listen to BBC Radio. The BBC offers a portfolio of services aimed at offering listeners the highest quality programmes, whatever their interest or mood.
BBC Radio includes
- Music radio on Radio 1, Radio 1Xtra, Radio 2, 6 Music and Asian Network
- Speech, drama, analysis and the arts on Radio 4
- Classical music and jazz on Radio 3
- News and sport on 5 live and 5 live sports extra
- Local programming from 40 stations in England
- 6 dedicated radio services in the nations (Radio Scotland, Radio nan Gàidheal, Radio Ulster, Radio Foyle, Radio Wales, Radio Cymru)
- Comedy, drama and children's programming on Radio 4 Extra
We broadcast in the UK on analogue (AM, FM & LW), DAB Digital Radio, digital television (DTV) and online.
Policies, guidelines and reports
Find out more about the policies of the BBC national radio networks and the policies of the Nations & Regions.
Information about commissioning for all of the BBC's national radio stations and for our local radio services in the Nations.
There is no separate radio licence. The licence fee provides for 8 interactive TV channels, 10 radio networks, more than 50 local TV and radio services; and the services available online via bbc.co.uk.