Radio 1 Competition
Terms and Conditions for the Hackney Weekend competition on BBC Radio 1
1. Entry is open to all UK residents (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) except BBC employees or those of its affiliates and their close relatives or any person connected to the competition. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
2. Starting on Saturday 16th June 2012 with the Breakfast show and then potentially during each of the subsequent daytime Radio 1 shows until Greg James on Thursday 22nd June 2012, a question will be read out on-air and, from the entrants who get the answer correct, four (4) will be selected to play the on-air competition. There will be a different question on each show.
3. To enter the competition listeners must call the telephone number 03700 100 100 and provide an answer to the question. Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package. No other method of entry will be accepted.
4. Listeners should only call to enter during the times announced on-air. Calls received outside the announced times will not be registered but will still be charged. Entrants must ensure they obtain the bill-payer’s consent before entering. Only one (1) entry is allowed per listener during each show.
6. From all the entrants who answer the question correctly, the production team will select the four (4) entrants who best demonstrated their love of music and desire to attend Radio 1 Hackney Weekend, based on a short interview following the correct answer. These four (4) will play the on—air competition. The order in which the four (4) contestants will be put on-air will be allocated at random.
7. Should they be selected to take part in the on-air competition, entrants must ensure that they are available on the telephone number provided to take the call from the production team. If an entrant is not available after reasonable attempts by the production team, another entrant will be selected.
8. During the on-air competition the first contestant will be played a short clip of a song and asked to identify the artist.
If the contestant provides a correct answer, they will become a link in the chain. This process is repeated with the three (3) other contestants. If all four contestants answer correctly, all four contestants win.
If any of the four (4) contestants provides an incorrect answer or fail to answer during the time limit, they will break the chain and they, and the other three (3) contestants, will be knocked out of the competition. The competition will then be played again in the next show.
9. The BBC’s decision as to the winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
10. Entrants who have taken part in the competition on-air are excluded from re-entering the competition.
11. If all contestants fail to win the prizes, the production team may implement any contingencies at its discretion. These may include but is not limited to: reverting to another entrant to take part in the on air competition, re-opening the competition line or playing the competition in shows other than those listed above.
12. With a winning chain comprising four correct answers the prize for each of the four winners shall consist of 2 regular tickets. The prize does not include any expenses such as travel and accommodation.
13. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
14. The BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the ticket holders to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to the behaviour of the ticket holder or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the event, including minimum age of the ticket holders. Ticket holders are responsible for checking admission requirements to the venue. Further information can be found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/hackneyweekend/2012/tickets/terms. Please note people aged under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over).
15. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required.
16. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions and vary the competition opening times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; (iii) withdraw or substitute any prize, at any stage, should any winner or their guest exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behaviour (including, but not limited to being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or chemical substances or causing a nuisance) while on-air, attending BBC premises or where the prize includes attendance to an event and; (iv) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
17. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered.
18. This competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found at: BBC Competitions Policy.
19. The promoter of the competition is the British Broadcasting Corporation and the applicable law is the laws of England and Wales.
20. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.