Chile: Angela Marambio
Soprano - born 1975
BBC Cardiff Singer of the World and Song Prize competitor
Born in Viña del Mar, Angela studied at the Music Conservatory of Viña del Mar and the Music Institute of Santiago.
She made her operatic debut with the Teatro Municipal in Santiago, appearing as Micaela Carmen. She was the winner of the First Grand Prize in the 2002 Francisco Viñas Competition in Barcelona.
Angela made her UK debut in the spring of 2003 with Welsh National Opera (Mimi La bohème) having also debuted in the same role with New York City Opera.
In 2003/4 Angela was set to make her Italian debut, Countess Le nozze di Figaro, in Florence, conducted by Zubin Mehta, and was also due to appear in Barcelona as Fiordiligi Così fan tutte.
She enjoys playing the piano, walking and being with her family.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 4 repertoire
- Puccini: Donde lieta uscì, La bohème
- Boito: L' altra notte, Mephistopheles
- Puccini: In quelle trine morbide, Manon Lescaut
- Gounod: Les grandes seigneurs ... Ô Dieu! que de bijoux! ... Ah! Je ris, Faust
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 2 repertoire
- Mozart: Ridente la calma, K152
- Schumann: Du Ring an meinem Finger, Frauenliebe und Leben Op 42 No 4
- Richard Strauss: Wie sollten wir, Songs Op 19 No 4
- Berg: Die Nachtigall, 7 Early Songs (1907) No 3
- Guastavino: La rosa y el sauce
- Bizet: C'est des contrebandiers...Je dis que rien, Carmen
- Puccini: Tu che di gel sei cinta, Turandot
- Mozart: E Susanna non vien...Dove sono, Le nozze di Figaro