Terms and Conditions
BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend live from George Square, BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend live from Glasgow Green and BBC Radio 1Xtra Live in Glasgow
Tickets are issued on behalf of the organisations responsible for the event including the BBC and DF Concerts (jointly called “the organisers”), working in partnership with Glasgow Marketing Bureau. They are subject to the terms and conditions indicated here or displayed on the premises. The use of the ticket signifies agreement to the following conditions:
1. The ticket is subject to the rules and regulations of the Organisers which may be changed at their discretion.
2. The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, except in the case of death or personal injury if due to any negligent act or omission on their part.
3. The Organisers reserve the right to cancel this event at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, or if circumstances arise outside their control. They also reserve the right to alter or change the programme and line-up without prior notification.
4. Should the event be cancelled or line-up changed, the Organisers will not be liable for the payment of any compensation or for any loss of money and/or expenses incurred; and they will not refund the ticket booking fee.
5. All those attending the event will need a valid ticket.
For BBC Radio 1Xtra Live in Glasgow you must be aged 16 or over. Proof of age will be requested upon entry.
PLEASE NOTE: For BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend live from George Square you must be aged 18 or over. Proof of age will be requested upon entry.
For BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend live from Glasgow Green, anybody under 16 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or over. Proof of age may be requested upon entry.
Acceptable forms of ID are a valid passport; valid EU photocard driving licence; a photographic ID card with the National Proof of Age Standards Scheme – PASS - hologram. Tickets should be retained at all times during the event.
6. The Organisers may ask for reasonable proof that the bearer of this ticket has been issued with it in accordance with the rules governing ticket distribution.
7. Tickets may not be sold, traded, or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any organisation except the BBC. Tickets are security printed and individually bar coded. Sale or attempted sale is grounds for seizure or cancellation and those trying to use resold or cancelled tickets will be refused entry into the venue.
8. No Re-admission once you have left the venue.
9. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse anyone entry to the venue at their discretion and any person who fails to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting on behalf of the Organisers may be ejected. In addition anyone found to be causing damage to the venue, the venue infrastructure, causing harm to any other person on site, using threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms, behaving in an illegal, anti-social or aggressive manner, if found in possession of any illegal or prohibited item or substance, appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or in breach of these conditions will be ejected and may be reported to the police.
10. The organisers will use their right to search all persons and personal property, with bag searches and, potentially, via the use of full body metal detectors. They will refuse admission to, or eject from, the venue, any person who refuses to be searched by a steward or other person acting on their behalf.
11. As well as items mentioned elsewhere in these terms and conditions the following articles are not permitted within the venue - flags, chairs, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, Chinese lanterns, golf umbrellas (or other large umbrellas), gas canisters (including aerosols and nitrous oxide), megaphones, air-horns, sound systems, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, glass vessels, cans, poles, unauthorised items for trading, including any goods using unauthorised event logos, and any article that might be used as a weapon and / or compromise public safety, including unofficial tabards.
12. Fires are not permitted anywhere on site. Anyone involved with starting a fire or throwing anything onto a fire will be evicted from site.
13. No food or alcohol is permitted to be taken into the venue, with the exception of personal supplies of water in plastic containers with unbroken seals (up to 500 ml per person). Glass and cans are not permitted.
14. Do not bring drugs including legal highs to the event, you will be rejected/ejected from the event and may be handed over to the police if found in possession. Sniffer dogs may be in operation.
15. Alcohol will be on sale in the venue; however Bars at the event will be operating a ‘Challenge 25’ policy. If bar staff feel you look under the age of 25 they will ask you to provide photo ID with proof that you are over the age of 18 (See point 5 for acceptable forms of ID). Security patrols will also operate around the venue.
16. Unauthorised professional photography or use of professional recording equipment is prohibited and zoom lenses, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted in to the venue.
17. The event may be filmed for live and recorded transmission on any BBC network, including internet streaming. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the world. They also agree to being filmed by police or security staff for the purposes of helping ensure the security of customers and preventing crime.
18. It is against the law to smoke in enclosed spaces, this includes Tents. Please observe the signage around the Venue.
19. No animals will be permitted, other than guide dogs for blind and/or deaf attendees.
20. WARNINGS – Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. Smoke effects, strobe lighting, lasers and loud noises may be used at this event.