Cameroon: Jacques-Greg Belobo
Bass - born 1971
BBC Cardiff Singer of the World and Song Prize competitor
Jacques-Greg was born in Yaoundé. He won first prize in several competitions including one in Abidjan, Ivory Coast which gave him a scholarship to study at the Conservatoire National de Région de Nice. He then studied at the Conservatoire National Superieur de Musique et de Danse, Paris.
He has won prizes in many European competitions, including the International Belvedere in Vienna. Jacques-Greg was a member of the Junges Ensemble der Bayerischen Staatsoper and performed regularly at Gelsenkirchen Opera where he has sung the role of Caspar Der Freischütz.
Engagements after the competition were set to include the roles of Sarastro Die Zauberflöte, Colline La bohème, Sparafucile Rigoletto at the Semperoper in Dresden.
His hobbies include multimedia computer projects.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 1 repertoire
- Gounod: Le veau d'or, Faust
- Verdi: Confutatis maledictis, Requiem
- Mozart: Eh consolatevi...Madamina, il catalogo è questo, Don Giovanni
- Weber: Schweig! Schweig! damit dich niemand warnt, Der Freischütz
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 4 repertoire
- Brahms: Denn es gehet dem Menschen, 4 ernste Gesänge op 121 no 1
- Brahms: Ich wandte mich, 4 ernste Gesänge op 121 no 2
- Brahms: O Tod, wie bitter bist du, 4 ernste Gesänge op 121 no 3
- Brahms: Wenn ich mit Menschen, 4 ernste Gesänge op 121 no 4