Konchalovsky: Russia's 'medieval mentality'
Zeinab Badawi talks to renowned Russian theatre and film director Andrei Konchalovsky.
He argues that although Russia lives in the 21st Century, the country still has a medieval mentality, and that it is a mistake to think that the current president Vladimir Putin can change it.
Available since: Tue 5 Aug 2014
More clips from HARDtalk
- More states need to join ICC says former chief prosecutor Duration: 04:07 Luis Moreno-Ocampo
- Eurozone 'wasted' two years Duration: 02:46 Peter Bofinger
- People do not mix in unequal societies says Prof Dorling Duration: 03:07 Danny Dorling
- Chrissie Hynde on 'blagging' confidence Duration: 02:12 Chrissie Hynde
- McCain: Putin 'rebuilding Russian empire' Duration: 03:07 John McCain