Geoff Boycott: 'Alastair Cook should put England first'
Geoff Boycott has called on England cricket captain Alastair Cook to "change something" or consider standing down.
The commentator and former England cricket captain said Cook should put the team first and not see standing down as a failure.
Boycott told 5 live's Drive: "He should see that it’s about the team, England, not about him."
Cook said he had no intention of quitting as England captain, despite his side's collapse to a 95 run defeat against India in the 2nd Test at Lord's.
First broadcast on Drive on Tuesday 21 July 2014.
Available since: Mon 21 Jul 2014
This clip is from
Latest news, the best interviews and sporting action - in short.
The best of 5 live's sport coverage, insight and analysis
More clips from In Short
- An eyewitness describes the SpaceShip Two explosion Duration: 01:31
- 'Former NASA astronaut on VirginGalactic crash Duration: 02:15
- Fowler: I'd keep Gerrard at Liverpool forever Duration: 02:26
- Meulensteen: Rodgers' "biggest failing" is not investing in staff Duration: 02:44
- Ed Miliband: 'inexplicable' that questions were not asked of Fiona Woolf Duration: 02:02