Falconer: 'My bill reflects the view of almost everyone'
Lord Carey, former Archbishop of Canterbury, says he'll support new laws which would allow terminally ill people to be given help ending their lives.
Lord Falconer, a former Labour lord chancellor, has put forward a Bill in the House of Lords which will allow doctors to prescribe terminally ill patients a lethal dose of drugs.
He told 5 live Breakfast "It reflects the view of almost everyone in the debate that, whatever view you take about the issues, nobody wants people who are properly motivated by compassion to be prosecuted."
This clip is from Saturday Breakfast, 12 July 2014.
Available since: Sat 12 Jul 2014
This clip is from
A new way of catching up on the very best moments and the biggest stories on 5 live.
The best current affairs interviews, insight and analysis from BBC Radio 5 live.
More clips from In Short
- Mylo: Opening Ceremony atmosphere "incredible" Duration: 01:46
- Scotland's Commonwealth Games team "emotional few minutes" Duration: 01:16
- Commonwealth Games opening ceremony in Glasgow Duration: 01:01
- Peter Allen plays with 100 year old lawns bowls Duration: 01:18
- Roger Moore: Olympics James Bond stunt not for Glasgow Duration: 00:46