D-Day 70 Years On - Full concert
The commemoration of the 70th anniversary of D-Day on Radio 2 culminates in a special Friday Night Is Music Night from London's Royal Albert Hall with the BBC Concert Orchestra.
Hosts Jeremy Vine, Dermot O'Leary and Louise Minchin will re-tell the story of key moments of D-Day, with performances from a fantastic line-up, including Patrick Stewart in the role of Sir Winston Churchill. Katherine Jenkins OBE will be singing a virtual duet of Well Meet Again with Dame Vera Lynn.
Dame Vera's part will be taken from a vintage recording, which will be combined with Katherine's live performance. And acclaimed folk singer and musician Seth Lakeman will perform a song he has written about his grandfather who served at D-Day and, years later, took a young Seth to Arromanches Beach to recount that fateful day.
The BBC Concert Orchestra will be joined by a band featuring musicians drawn from all three UK Armed Forces.
More clips from D-Day 70 Years On
More clips from Friday Night is Music Night
- Michael Xavier and Rosalie Craig on Radio 2's musical tribute to America Duration: 02:56 Independence Day
- The BBC Concert Orchestra rehearsal - in just 20 seconds Duration: 00:51 Independence Day
- Friday Night is Tony Blackburn Night! Duration: 02:34 Tony Blackburn Special
- Behind the scenes at Radio 2's special D-Day concert Duration: 06:14 D-Day 70 Years On
- Shakespeare's Henry V read by The Duke of Cambridge & veterans Duration: 01:09 D-Day 70 Years On