Puccini: La Boheme
Puccini is revered as one of music's great tunesmiths but as Catherine Bott reveals there is much more to his art. With singers Katie van Kooten and Peter Auty, and the BBC Symphony Orchestra conducted by Edward Gardner, Catherine Bott examines the final scene of Act One of the opera. Together they explore Puccini's artful means of sustaining dramatic narrative through music.
Producer: Chris Wines.
Available since: Wed 4 Jun 2014
- Giacomo Puccini
More clips from Puccini's La boheme
More clips from Discovering Music
- Watch an analysis of Brahms' 2nd Piano Concerto Duration: 49:26 Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major (Op. 83)
- Watch an analysis of Falla's 'Nights in the Gardens of Spain' Duration: 43:22 Falla's Nights in the Gardens of Spain
- Watch an analysis of Debussy's La mer Duration: 41:43 Debussy's La mer
- Watch an analysis of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Duration: 29:21 Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Watch an analysis of Ravel's Piano Concerto in G Duration: 18:49 Ravel: Piano Concertos