Blondie live in session for Radcliffe and Maconie
On their 40th anniversary, Mark Radcliffe chats to seminal punk and iconic New York band Blondie, plus the band performs a specially recorded set from the BBCs Maida Vale studios.
Mark chats to drummer Clem Burke, front-woman and songwriter, Debbie Harry and guitarist and conceptual mastermind Chris Stein - as well as introducing the new Blondie band members - about their new album and greatest hits compilation, marking their 40th year as a band. They tell us about the more unexpected musical influences behind the new tracks, plus stories behind their hit classic Hanging on the Telephone, and why they covered Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Relax...
Hear them perform a live set, specially recorded at the BBC Studios in Maida Vale, including Blondie classics Hanging on the Telephone, Atomic and Call Me, plus new tracks Mile High and Sugar on the Side from Ghosts of Download.
Music Played5 items
More clips from Radcliffe and Maconie
- Andy McCluskey and Paul Humphreys of OMD speak to Mark Radcliffe Duration: 15:33 OMD
- Karl Hyde in conversation with Mark Radcliffe Duration: 15:20 Karl Hyde
- St. Vincent in conversation with Stuart Maconie Duration: 14:19 St Vincent
- The Staves speak to Stuart Maconie Duration: 13:27 The Staves
- Bryan Ferry in conversation with Radcliffe and Maconie Duration: 16:40 Bryan Ferry