Shirley Robertson OBE on her love of Cowes Week
Thousands of people flock to the tiny town of Cowes on the north of the Isle of Wight, many more will compete fiercely for titles in the races - before joining the revellers in town, during the annual regatta.
Double Olympic champion and Cowes Week ambassador Shirley Robertson OBE tells BBC Radio Solent's Neil Sackley about her love of Cowes, Cowes Week and her days sailing there as a child.
Available since: Sun 25 May 2014
This clip is from
Neil chats with double Olympic champion Shirley Robertson OBE (Soul Show on DAB only).
First broadcast: 25 May 2014
More clips from Neil Sackley
- Clipper Round the World Race homecoming Duration: 05:50 13/07/2014
- Round the Island Race 2014 Duration: 03:17 Round the Island Race
- Terry Waite CBE talks about his time in capture Duration: 06:33 Terry Waite CBE
- Peter Howarth Duration: 17:10 Eva Iglesias
- Tony Hancock Appreciation Society Duration: 10:34 Eva Iglesias