Britten: Les Illuminations
Tenor Daniel Norman joins Charles Hazlewood and the strings of the BBC Philharmonic to explore Benjamin Britten's youthful settings of Rimbaud's exotic poetry - Les Illuminations (Op. 18).
Available since: Thu 22 May 2014
- Benjamin Britten
This clip is from
Tenor Daniel Norman joins Charles Hazlewood to explore Britten's Les Illuminations.
First broadcast: 06 May 2006
Listen to archive programmes examining the life and works of Benjamin Britten.
More clips from Britten: Les Illuminations (Op. 18)
More clips from Discovering Music
- Watch an analysis of Brahms' 2nd Piano Concerto Duration: 49:26 Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major (Op. 83)
- Watch an analysis of Falla's 'Nights in the Gardens of Spain' Duration: 43:22 Falla's Nights in the Gardens of Spain
- Watch an analysis of Debussy's La mer Duration: 41:43 Debussy's La mer
- Watch an analysis of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Duration: 29:21 Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Watch an analysis of Ravel's Piano Concerto in G Duration: 18:49 Ravel: Piano Concertos