Bartok: String Quartet No. 2
Stephen Johnson and BBC New Generation Artists the Ebene Quartet probe the folk-centred world of Bela Bartok's second String Quartet (Op. 17), a work he finished in 1917 during the hardships of the First World War.
Available since: Thu 8 May 2014
- Béla Bartók
This clip is from
Stephen Johnson and the Ebène Quartet probe Béla Bartók's second String Quartet.
First broadcast: 30 Sep 2006
Listen to programmes examining the life and works of Béla Bartók.
More clips from Bartok: Quartet for String No. 2 (Op. 17)
More clips from Discovering Music
- Watch an analysis of Brahms' 2nd Piano Concerto Duration: 49:26 Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major (Op. 83)
- Watch an analysis of Falla's 'Nights in the Gardens of Spain' Duration: 43:22 Falla's Nights in the Gardens of Spain
- Watch an analysis of Debussy's La mer Duration: 41:43 Debussy's La mer
- Watch an analysis of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Duration: 29:21 Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Watch an analysis of Ravel's Piano Concerto in G Duration: 18:49 Ravel: Piano Concertos