Foreigners ‘joining’ al-Qaeda in Yemen
The Yemeni government is supposed to be in the middle of a major programme of political and economic reform but right now its focus appears to be a major military assault on local al-Qaeda strongholds.
Stephen Sackur speaks to Yemen’s Foreign Minister Abu Bakr al-Qirbi who reveals what he believes is a failing in the fight against terrorism.
Available since: Fri 2 May 2014
More clips from HARDtalk
- Military reoccupation of Gaza 'was seriously considered' Duration: 00:53
- IS 'direct result' of Assad's campaign in Syria - Ali Khedery Duration: 03:25 Ali Khedery
- 'No realm for reconciliation' with Islamic State Duration: 03:18 General Bishop Angaelos
- Abdullah Abdullah 'committed' to sharing power with Ghani Duration: 04:44 Abdullah Abdullah
- Dr Mads Gilbert: Life as a doctor in a Gaza hospital Duration: 03:11 Dr. Mads Gilbert