“Genial indifference to religion... ruled in the 18th century” - AN Wilson
Philip Dodd with Helen Berry, April De Angelis , AN Wilson, Jerry White and Kwasi Kwarteng comparing 18th century Britain to now.
Available since: Thu 10 Apr 2014
This clip is from
Philip Dodd explores the parallels between the 18th-century London and now.
First broadcast: 10 Apr 2014
More clips from Free Thinking
- 'There's always this possibility of falling off the edge' - Kenyan author Billy Kahora Duration: 04:18 Kenyan Authors Ngugi wa Thiong'o and Billy Kahora
- “I educated myself through books” - Nobel laureate Nadine Gordimer Duration: 02:54 Animals and Anthropomorphism, Nadine Gordimer Tribute, Prison
- New Generation Thinker 2014: Alun Withey looks back at medical history Duration: 05:16 Virginia Woolf Portraits, Richard Flanagan, Medical History, The Security Services in Fiction
- New Generation Thinker 2014: Alasdair Cochrane asks if we should equate animals with humans when talking about rights? Duration: 05:01 The History of Pain, Martin Freeman as Richard III, Animal Rights
- New Generation Thinker 2014: Joanna Cohen asks whether we need to rethink the American Constitution Duration: 05:51 Boyhood, Cory Arcangel, The Digital Age