Former army captain says UK approach in Afghanistan was 'ignorant'
A former Territorial Army captain has resigned in order to publish a book about the conflict in Helmand Province in Afghanistan. Dr Mike Martin criticises the approach of the UK and US military as 'stupid' and 'ignorant'. The Ministry of Defence says it could not give permission for the book to be published while Dr Martin was a serving officer and without the publication going through standard military checks.
Available since: Wed 9 Apr 2014
More clips from 5 live Drive
- Kermit and Miss Piggy talk live from the red carpet Duration: 02:19 24/03/2014
- A leading underwater search expert says time is running out to find the black box from the missing Malaysian aircraft Duration: 01:40 24/03/2014
- Rock legend Steve Harley looks forward to the first Kate Bush concerts in 35 years Duration: 00:55 21/03/2014
- Beatboxer creates the sounds of the summer Duration: 01:38 20/03/2014
- Budget 2014 - a 90 second summary Duration: 01:29 19/03/2014