Can an 'electronic lollipop' simulate taste?
Scientists at City University, London have developed a machine that they say is able to simulate taste.
When touched on the tongue, the experts claim that the so called "electronic lollipop" is able to trick taste receptors using an electronic signal.
BBC Click's Spencer Kelly reports.
Available since: Tue 25 Mar 2014
More clips from 08/03/2014 GMT
More clips from Click
- Control a digger with smart goggles Duration: 01:52 19/07/2014 GMT
- Apps to feed the selfie obsession Duration: 05:06 26/07/2014 GMT
- Social media reveals secret lives Duration: 03:46 19/07/2014 GMT
- Could you beat Usain Bolt in a race? Duration: 01:34 19/07/2014 GMT
- The evolution of Bjork's instruments Duration: 02:24 05/07/2014 GMT