Can an 'electronic lollipop' simulate taste?
Scientists at City University, London have developed a machine that they say is able to simulate taste.
When touched on the tongue, the experts claim that the so called "electronic lollipop" is able to trick taste receptors using an electronic signal.
BBC Click's Spencer Kelly reports.
Available since: Tue 25 Mar 2014
More clips from 08/03/2014 GMT
More clips from Click
- Evan Blass: 'My leaks give phones a buzz' Duration: 06:35 23/08/2014 GMT
- Create animated cat Gifs in seconds Duration: 04:36 23/08/2014 GMT
- How drones are transforming movies Duration: 03:57 09/08/2014 GMT
- Hacking cars and traffic lights at Def Con Duration: 07:25 16/08/2014 GMT
- Robots explore Tate Britain's artwork after dark Duration: 03:13 16/08/2014 GMT