Can an 'electronic lollipop' simulate taste?
Scientists at City University, London have developed a machine that they say is able to simulate taste.
When touched on the tongue, the experts claim that the so called "electronic lollipop" is able to trick taste receptors using an electronic signal.
BBC Click's Spencer Kelly reports.
Available since: Tue 25 Mar 2014
More clips from 08/03/2014 GMT
More clips from Click
- Hiding currency in the Dark Wallet Duration: 03:55
- Webscape: Rewind sounds in your life Duration: 04:14 20/09/2014 GMT
- Tech for night time photography Duration: 02:10 13/09/2014 GMT
- The evolution of smart watches Duration: 02:17 13/09/2014 GMT
- Smart mirror offers wrinkle advice Duration: 04:21 13/09/2014 GMT