Could an app improve your eyesight?
A new app called UltimEyes claims it can help users see further and make things sharper by using simple puzzles to activate the visual cortex in the brain.
Users of the app have to click on a series of fuzzy targets which become harder to see as the game progresses.
In a small study, 19 baseball players lengthened the distance they could see clearly after using the app 30 times for 25 minute intervals.
The app's inventor, Aaron Seitz, explained the game required prolonged use to produce a benefit.
"If you really want to get changes that are going to make you be able to see a line or two lower in an eye chart, you really need to work at this," he said.
BBC Click's Jen Copestake reports.
Available since: Mon 17 Mar 2014
More clips from 01/03/2014 GMT
More clips from Click
- Webscape: Snow sports holiday special Duration: 04:14 29/11/2014 GMT
- Faces transformed with digital masks Duration: 03:22 29/11/2014 GMT
- Can drones get water to stranded Joe in the Outback? Duration: 06:00 22/11/2014 GMT
- Meet Robo farmers Mantis and Ladybird Duration: 03:39 22/11/2014 GMT
- Sports tech aims to boost performance Duration: 04:12 22/11/2014 GMT