"Being a painter is like being in the mafia" - Julian Schnabel
Julian Schnabel talks to Philip Dodd.
Image: Grotto 2013 by Julian Schnabel Courtesy of the Artist.
Available since: Wed 5 Mar 2014
This clip is from
Philip Dodd meets artist Julian Schnabel. Plus Michael Goldfarb on Alice Herz-Sommer.
First broadcast: 05 Mar 2014
More clips from Julian Schnabel, Michael Goldfarb on pianist Alice Herz-Sommer
More clips from Free Thinking
- 'There's always this possibility of falling off the edge' - Kenyan author Billy Kahora Duration: 04:18 Kenyan Authors Ngugi wa Thiong'o and Billy Kahora
- “I educated myself through books” - Nobel laureate Nadine Gordimer Duration: 02:54 Animals and Anthropomorphism, Nadine Gordimer Tribute, Prison
- New Generation Thinker 2014: Alun Withey looks back at medical history Duration: 05:16 Virginia Woolf Portraits, Richard Flanagan, Medical History, The Security Services in Fiction
- New Generation Thinker 2014: Alasdair Cochrane asks if we should equate animals with humans when talking about rights? Duration: 05:01 The History of Pain, Martin Freeman as Richard III, Animal Rights
- New Generation Thinker 2014: Joanna Cohen asks whether we need to rethink the American Constitution Duration: 05:51 Boyhood, Cory Arcangel, The Digital Age