James Bond's HQ
Terry Farrell's mission was to build a government building on the banks of the Thames. Only after it was built did he discover it would be used as the headquarters for MI6.
Available since: Tue 18 Feb 2014
This clip is from
2/3 In the 1980s, modern architecture was unpopular and under attack from Prince Charles.
First broadcast: 20 Feb 2014
More clips from The Power of the Past
More clips from The Brits who Built the Modern World
- The Millennium Dome's difficult birth Duration: 02:47 The Politics of Power
- Reinventing the Skyscraper in Hong Kong Duration: 02:49 The Power of the Past
- The high tech home of Michael and Patricia Hopkins Duration: 01:55 The Freedom of the Future
- 125 Park Road: The Sardine Can Duration: 02:24 The Freedom of the Future
- The inspiration of early 60s America Duration: 01:36 The Freedom of the Future