Paul McGann contrasts Chaplin’s acting style with modern ways of working
Paul McGann on Charlie Chaplin the actor, from a Free Thinking special about Chaplin's film City Lights.
Image: Paul Mcgann in BBC One’s Sea of Souls. © BBC.
Available since: Fri 14 Feb 2014
This clip is from
Matthew Sweet hosts a discussion about Chaplin recorded at the Bristol Slapstick Festival.
First broadcast: 19 Feb 2014
More clips from Free Thinking
- “A world being remade looks very like a world collapsing” – Brian Dillon Duration: 00:41 Flora Thompson Biography, Ruins at Tate Britain, Ravel
- "Being a painter is like being in the mafia" - Julian Schnabel Duration: 00:47 Julian Schnabel, Michael Goldfarb on pianist Alice Herz-Sommer
- Julian Schnabel on Oliver Stone Duration: 00:14 Julian Schnabel, Michael Goldfarb on pianist Alice Herz-Sommer
- Is David Cameron the first Prime Minister since the 1950s not to be lampooned on TV? Duration: 03:13 Amy Chua, Versailles by Peter Gill, Spitting Image
- A first night review of Versailles by Peter Gill Duration: 11:45 Amy Chua, Versailles by Peter Gill, Spitting Image