UK floods: “Sandbags are very much the new currency”
More homes are at risk of further flooding, with forecasters saying more heavy rain and wind are on the way. As clean-up efforts continue, we heard from people across the country, including Chris Bennett, who has been stuck in her bungalow in Egham in Surrey since Sunday and her son Paul who lives in West London.
Guy Jefferson, Network Operations Director for Scottish Power; Frank Bird, Emergency Planning Officer for the Highways Agency; Terry Marsh from the centre for Ecology & Hydrology; the President of the Chief Fire Officers Association, Paul Fuller; and Alex Tribick from the Spelthorne Business Forum that represents 700 businesses in Surrey, spoke to Nicky Campbell and Rachel Burden on 5 live Breakfast.
Available since: Fri 14 Feb 2014
More clips from 5 live Breakfast
- What's Wrong with Sugar? Duration: 01:34 Your Call, 05/05/2014
- Parents of Down's Syndrome twins: "Everyday is joyful" Duration: 03:25 Your Call, 21/03/2014
- Kate Bush's first live concerts for 35 years Duration: 02:59 21/03/2014
- Spamming Shakespeare Duration: 02:56 21/03/2014
- Peter Lawrence on his daughter Claudia Duration: 03:01 20/03/2014