Can a placebo make you cycle faster?
Can a placebo - a pill filled only with corn flour - help elite cyclists to go faster? Placebos work due to our expectations. Will that be enough to improve the cyclists’ times?
Available since: Thu 13 Feb 2014
More clips from The Power of the Placebo
More clips from Horizon
- What's Wrong with our Weather? Duration: 01:15 2013-2014, What's Wrong with Our Weather?
- Trailer: Where is Flight MH370? Duration: 01:48 2013-2014, Where is Flight MH370?
- Intro: The £10 Million Challenge Duration: 02:09 The £10 Million Challenge
- Trail: The £10 Million Challenge Duration: 00:20 The £10 Million Challenge
- 50 Years of Horizon Duration: 05:28