Can a placebo make you cycle faster?
Can a placebo - a pill filled only with corn flour - help elite cyclists to go faster? Placebos work due to our expectations. Will that be enough to improve the cyclists’ times?
Available since: Thu 13 Feb 2014
More clips from The Power of the Placebo
More clips from Horizon
- Joe Allison and Professor Uta Frith Duration: 02:33 2013-2014, Living with Autism
- The Invisible Fight Duration: 02:02 2013-2014, How You Really Make Decisions
- What Can Placebos Do? Duration: 01:34 2013-2014, The Power of the Placebo
- Placebos used without deception Duration: 02:21 2013-2014, The Power of the Placebo
- How to land on Mars Duration: 01:01 2013-2014, Man on Mars: Mission to the Red Planet