“Is there anything in the design of artificial intelligence that counteracts people falling in love with them?”- Aleks Krotoski
Aleks Krotoski looks at what Spike Jonze’s Her says about the changing relationship between man and machine as the internet of things develops.
Available since: Wed 12 Feb 2014
More clips from Free Thinking
- "He was a hero" - Antonia Hodgson on Jack Sheppard and his hanging in 1724. Duration: 00:55 18th-Century Crime and Punishment
- Is City of London comparable to Mandevilles's concept of beehive? Duration: 01:24 Mandeville's View of 18th-Century Economics
- Were the Hanoverians boring? Duration: 01:10 18th-Century Power Politics
- “Genial indifference to religion... ruled in the 18th century” - AN Wilson Duration: 01:53 Are We Living Through a New 18th Century?
- "The search for empathy sits at the heart of the dramatist" - Simon Stephens on his new play Birdland Duration: 00:58 Originality