Brazil's Arena de Baixada at risk of losing World Cup status
The head of the World Cup organising committee in the Brazilian city of Curitiba has told 5live it would be a disaster for FIFA if they stripped it of its status as a World Cup venue.
On a visit last month, FIFA's Secretary-General Jerome Valcke said he had never seen a World Cup stadium so far behind schedule so close to the start of the tournament.
Officials have a deadline of next Tuesday to show that the city will be able to finish the Arena de Baixada in time for the tournament.
In this 90-second summary 5Live's Bruce Douglas spoke to some of the construction staff working on the stadium in Curitiba about whether they believe it will be finished on time.
Available since: Wed 12 Feb 2014
Bring yourself up to speed with 90 second summaries of the stories you need to know about
More clips from 12/02/2014
More clips from 5 live Breakfast
- Same-sex couple: It's taken eleven years for our marriage to be recognised Duration: 01:19 13/03/2014
- Missing Malaysia Airlines MH370: two route theories Duration: 01:30 13/03/2014
- Ski company offers to pay school holiday fines Duration: 01:57 13/03/2014
- UK-bound great white shark 'could be pregnant' Duration: 02:47 13/03/2014
- The 5 things you need to know about F1 this season Duration: 02:01 13/03/2014