Hague: Dark time if Israeli-Palestinian talks fail
British Foreign Secretary William Hague has told BBC HARDtalk that the world will see peace talks between Israeli and Palestinian negotiators as a "last chance" at a two-state solution.
US Secretary of State John Kerry, who has been mediating the talks, is soon expected to present both sides with a framework peace agreement.
Mr Hague said: "If John Kerry with all the weight of the United States, all his experience and standing in the Middle East and the world, cannot bring the two sides together to reach final status agreements, then who can?
Available since: Fri 7 Feb 2014
More clips from HARDtalk
- Blunkett on Labour leadership Duration: 04:14 David Blunkett
- Musharraf: Charges against me ‘pumped up’ Duration: 01:41 Pervez Musharraf
- British doctor recalls Ebola horrors in Sierra Leone Duration: 02:06 Dr Geraldine O'Hara
- Alan Cumming on dealing with childhood abuse Duration: 02:29 Alan Cumming
- Kasyanov predicts Russian economic crisis Duration: 03:52 Mikhail Kasyanov