Hague: Dark time if Israeli-Palestinian talks fail
British Foreign Secretary William Hague has told BBC HARDtalk that the world will see peace talks between Israeli and Palestinian negotiators as a "last chance" at a two-state solution.
US Secretary of State John Kerry, who has been mediating the talks, is soon expected to present both sides with a framework peace agreement.
Mr Hague said: "If John Kerry with all the weight of the United States, all his experience and standing in the Middle East and the world, cannot bring the two sides together to reach final status agreements, then who can?
Available since: Fri 7 Feb 2014
More clips from HARDtalk
- Springer: Show provides an 'escape from life' Duration: 03:21 Jerry Springer
- 'No compromise on right to bear arms' Duration: 03:12 David Keene
- Tymoshenko has the backing of Ukrainians says daughter Duration: 02:47
- Naftali Bennett: Israeli settlements must stay Duration: 04:15 Naftali Bennett
- Tanzania will not sell ivory stockpile, says minister Duration: 02:38 Lazaro Nyalandu