WW1: Baroness Shirley Williams on her mother VAD Vera Brittain's experience of the 'butchery' of war
Kate Adie and Baroness Shirley Williams on the impact WW1 made on the lives of women.
Available since: Thu 6 Feb 2014
This clip is from
Kate Adie and Baroness Shirley Williams join Jenni Murray to discuss the impact of the war
First broadcast: 05 Feb 2014
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Cook the Perfect Ricotta Stuffed Aubergines Duration: 04:56
- Dame Vivienne Westwood: I don't wear knickers Duration: 01:16 Dame Vivienne Westwood; Nicola Sturgeon
- The Economic and Relationship Impact Duration: 09:03 Lynda Bellingham; Could the CPS do more to prosecute historic sexual assault?
- Chore Wars in Non-Traditional Households Duration: 08:29 Jane Horrocks
- The Generational Divide - how have things changed and are we better off now? Duration: 11:33 Jane Horrocks