Saved by the care system
Jenny Molloy was just nine years old when she walked into a police station with her two younger brothers and asked to be taken into care.
What followed was a life separated from her siblings, moving from home to home.
Now thirty years on, Jenny has told her story in a book, which describes the chaotic childhood with her parents and the care system that she says saved her.
She told Charlie and Susanna her story.
Available since: Thu 30 Jan 2014
More clips from 30/01/2014
More clips from Breakfast
- Ansel Elgort on The Fault in Our Stars Duration: 07:00 17/06/2014
- BBC Breakfast gets Happy! Duration: 02:41 28/05/2014
- Behind the scenes at the Chelsea Flower Show Duration: 00:48 19/05/2014
- Ricky keeps tight-lipped about his future on The Voice Duration: 07:43 27/03/2014
- Sophie Kinsella on juggling writing and motherhood Duration: 05:53 25/02/2014