Apple is "like Switzerland", Android is "like America"
Two technology experts, one an Android fan and one an Apple fan, debate which is best, on the 30 year anniversary since the launch of the first Apple Macintosh computer on 24 January 1984.
The Apple Macintosh 128k was the first personal computer to use a mouse and introduced the concept of drag-and-drop.
Since then Apple Macs, iPods, iPhones, iPads have made Apple into a global brand.
Rupert Goodwin, a freelance tech expert who prefers Android products over Apple, said:
"I see Apple as being a bit like Switzerland and Android like America, one's got lots of money and is clean and sleek and quiet; and the other, that’s place you actually want to live in."
Luke Westaway is a technology expert from CNET and a self-confessed Apple lover:
“You do get that little extra edge with Apple, I think they put just a little more work into making their products and their interface extremely easy to use.”
Available since: Fri 24 Jan 2014
Bring yourself up to speed with 90 second summaries of the stories you need to know about
More clips from 24/01/2014
More clips from 5 live Breakfast
- The Co-Operative Group: a year of troubles and scandal Duration: 01:30 11/03/2014
- Malaysia plane: How can an aircraft virtually disappear? Duration: 01:30 10/03/2014
- Robbie Savage and Alan Shearer start Sport Relief challenge Duration: 04:51 10/03/2014
- Sochi Paralympics: Gold medalist Kelly Gallagher on win Duration: 01:43 10/03/2014
- How to monetise your moggy Duration: 03:14