Is enough being done to police social media?
Twitter says it's increasing the size of its team dealing with users who post abusive and threatening content. That's after the former footballer Stan Collymore complained that the site isn't doing enough to combat abusive messages.
Police charged just over 650 people after almost 5,000 incidences of abuse were reported on the main social media platforms in 2012.
But with 500 million tweets alone being sent every day, is enough being done to police social media?
Charlie and Susanna were joined by the actress Denise Welch, who's been targeted by internet trolls herself and Vicky Beeching, a theologian who's conducting research into the ethics of the internet.
Available since: Thu 23 Jan 2014
More clips from 23/01/2014
More clips from Breakfast
- Ansel Elgort on The Fault in Our Stars Duration: 07:00 17/06/2014
- BBC Breakfast gets Happy! Duration: 02:41 28/05/2014
- Behind the scenes at the Chelsea Flower Show Duration: 00:48 19/05/2014
- Ricky keeps tight-lipped about his future on The Voice Duration: 07:43 27/03/2014
- Sophie Kinsella on juggling writing and motherhood Duration: 05:53 25/02/2014