Café and shop proprietors on St Giles Street in Northampton say recent approval by Northampton Borough Council for another café to open there will damage their businesses.
Existing café and shop owners in St Giles Street give their views, and reporter Martin Borley seeks the views of shoppers in Kettering to the idea of premises of a similar type opening next door to one another.
Stuart talks to Councillor Tim Hadland from Northampton Borough Council.
• Bridge Street in Northampton reopens for two way traffic for the first time in two years
• plans to transform Daventry town centre with new shops and leisure facilities
• soldiers from Northamptonshire spend their last winter in Afghanistan
• the Environment Agency says it has plans in place to cope with yet more rain
• the last day for nominations for Northampton’s Inspirational Woman 2014
• the Cobblers face another long away trip
• table-topping Saints take on bottom placed Worcester