Are energy drinks dangerous for children?
A government school meals advisor's says the amount of sugar and caffeine in energy drinks can seriously damage children's concentration and health. In this 90-second summary pupils from Burnage Media Arts College in Manchester share their experiences of the drinks, John Vincent who is behind "The School Food Plan" says there is an urgent need for the government to look into the harm they cause, Gavin Partington from the British Soft Drinks Association feels increased awareness is a positive step and college tutor Fran called in to say they can "exacerbate" existing behavioural problems.
Available since: Mon 20 Jan 2014
Bring yourself up to speed with 90 second summaries of the stories you need to know about
More clips from 5 live Breakfast
- What's Wrong with Sugar? Duration: 01:34 Your Call, 05/05/2014
- Parents of Down's Syndrome twins: "Everyday is joyful" Duration: 03:25 Your Call, 21/03/2014
- Kate Bush's first live concerts for 35 years Duration: 02:59 21/03/2014
- Spamming Shakespeare Duration: 02:56 21/03/2014
- Peter Lawrence on his daughter Claudia Duration: 03:01 20/03/2014