The Voice: Sally Barker
Following the success of Sam Bailey on the X Factor, we could soon be laying claim to another singing superstar from Leicestershire.
Sally Barker - a 54 year old mum-of-two from Lutterworth - proved a big hit on the BBC talent show "The Voice", which returned for a new series at the weekend.
With her rendition of 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood' on Saturday night, she won the backing of celebrity judge Tom Jones who said he was - quote - "swept off his feet" by Sally's powerful performance.
He'll now mentor her through the next stage of the show.
Jonathan Lampon spoke to Sally on his Breakfast Show...
Available since: Tue 14 Jan 2014
This clip is from
Set yourself up for the day with Jonathan Lampon.
First broadcast: 14 Jan 2014
More clips from Jonathan Lampon
- Leicester man wins bronze in the Invictus Games Duration: 08:45 16/09/2014
- 30 years of DNA fingerprinting Duration: 05:26 The future of Page 3, the Invictus Games and expert advice on dental care.
- Joanne Harris Duration: 08:54 The future of Page 3, the Invictus Games and expert advice on dental care.
- Sian Green Duration: 21:04 Going sober, Hope Against Cancer and expert advice on your thyroid
- Lord Richard Attenborough Duration: 32:42 Cardiovascular disease, Kate Bush and the life of Richard Attenborough